I sitting in Chania airport, an airport so bad they gave it two names; Hania. I have just gone through the check-in process and as a processes go I am pretty sure the Minoans would have done a better job. Here are the steps:
- Arrive at the Check-in desk.
- Hand over your Passport and your ticket
- If you don’t have a ticket hand over any bit of paper with your name on it (this will apply if you have a e boarding pass)
- Put your luggage on the scales
- The check-in clerk will tag your bags
- Take your luggage off the scales
- Go to the Airport handler to pay for your extra leg room seat
- Collect the receipt
- Take receipt back to your original check-in desk
- Wait for the people checking in there to complete their check-in
- Hand over the receipt
- Check- in clerk shouts over to other desk to check receipt
- Pick up your new boarding passes
- Take your luggage… yes you still have that, and join the scanning luggage queue.
- Drop off your luggage
- Head of security and departure lounge
And you are done.